Next Race: IMSA Motul Petit Le Mans, USA

Day
Hour
Minute
Second

25 Nov 2019

Tonik continues partnership with Formula E Championship-leading driver Alexander Sims

Alexander Sims and Tonik Energy continue their brand partnership for the 2019/20 ABB FIA Formula E season. The renewable energy supplier and the race-winning BMW i Andretti Motorsport driver began working together last year and resume their partnership for a second Formula E season, as they continue to raise awareness and educate people on clean energy technologies for both homes and businesses.

“Tonik is doing a fantastic job of raising the profile of sustainable energy options,” says Sims. “I’m pleased to be able to work with this young and ambitious business as it strives to put people back in control of their energy usage and reduce carbon emissions. Having experienced the work of its sister company, The Phoenix Works, who installed solar panels at my home, I’m pleased to partner with a brand that has sustainability initiatives at its heart and works in a responsible and environmentally-conscious way.”

Andrew Brotherton, Tonik Energy marketing director, commented: “Tonik Energy is delighted to continue our brand partnership with Alexander. We are committed to helping our customers transition to a cleaner energy and central to this is supporting their switch from fossil fuel to EV cars with smart charging solutions. Alexander is a great ambassador for the EV revolution. Actively demonstrating that EV is the future for everyday car use through motorsport and that the driving experience is not compromised by going EV.”

Tonik Energy is an award-winning UK business that provides green energy from clean, renewable energy sources such as solar power, wind power and biogas. It supplies 100% renewable electricity, which is backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificates, and 10% green gas from renewable sources, with the remaining 90% as carbon-offset. Its sister company, The Phoenix Works, is an in-house clean-tech installations team that provides solar panel, home-battery and electric vehicle charging solutions to put Tonik Energy users in control of their own energy usage.

Sims, who is a long-time advocated of sustainability initiatives and electric mobility, kicked off the new season of the all-electric ABB FIA Formula E Championship with his first win at the double-header in Saudi Arabia on 22-23 November 2019 and now leads the championship standings. The 2019/20 season will be contested over 14 races in 12 countries across five continents.

“I think Tonik’s ethos and values complement my involvement in Formula E, with our combined efforts to champion sustainability and help make clean technologies an easy and more attractive option for all,” adds Sims.

For UK race fans, each E-Prix can be streamed live for free on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website, with select races on BBC Red Button.

| Driver: Alexander Sims| Team: Mahindra Racing| Number: 29| Car: Mahindra M7Electro|Car: Spark SRT05e|
| Photographer: Lou Johnson| Event: Preseason Testing| Circuit: Circuit Ricardo Tormo| Location: Valencia| Series: FIA Formula E| Season: 2020-2021| Country: Spain| Keyword: Season 7| Keyword: Season Seven| Keyword: S7| Keyword: motorsport| Keyword: electric racing| Keyword: single seater| Keyword: open wheel| Keyword: 2020|
| Team: Mahindra Racing| Car: Mahindra M7Electro|Car: Spark SRT05e|
| Keyword: Pitlane| Keyword: Pit Lane|
| Session: afternoon|

About Alexander Sims

The 33-year-old Londoner has been involved in Formula E since the series’ inception in 2014, initially testing cars before securing a race seat in Season 5 with BMW i Andretti Motorsport. Highlights in his first season included a pole position and second place finish in New York. Alexander had an impressive start to his second season, taking pole positions for both races of the opening round in Saudi Arabia and taking his maiden win in race two. It also made him the first driver to take three consecutive pole positions in Formula E.

Alexander currently races for Mahindra Racing.

Alongside his Formula E racing activities, Sims is a passionate advocate for sustainability and electric mobility on the road, having owned and driven EVs since 2012 and aims to incorporate sustainable choices into his daily lifestyle.

Partners